Portland is a vibrant town with an active burner community, home to some amazing theme camps, artists, community-centric events, music, and other social gatherings and burner-specific spaces. The Burning Man ethos really resonates here in the North Willamette Valley. Here in Puddle Town, we have been burning as a Region since 2003.
We hold SOAK*, our annual regional burn, Portland Decompression, Woosday (happy hour social), Town Halls, Workshops, Fundraisers, Newbie Burner Picnics, and other events where you can meet, connect, and collaborate with other burners in the area. Subscribe to the Portland Announce and Portland Discussion Lists through email, check out our Facebook Page, and check out our web site to hear about upcoming events!
Check out our governing NonProfit Organization, PrecipitationNW to learn more about our organizing body, financial status, and other programs and services offered.
In Portland, we follow the ethos of the Burning Man 10 Principles. In addition, we also expect and adhere to the following Core Values:
Respect Accountability Consent Responsibility Uncertainty
Portland is part of the Burning Man Global Regional Network.
The Latest News
Virtual Portland Town Hall! We did it!
For those of you who missed it (we sure missed you!), we have recorded the 2021 Town Hall Webinar, Slides, and Closed Caption Transcript. This year, we brought you several panelists including SOAK Temple Project Lead Pope Tart, new board Member Michelle David, and Barn Manager Kosher Bacon.
Highlights of the Town Hall also included:
- SOAK Temple design specs and message submission process
- an update on the decision to “go / no-go” for Black Rock City in 2021
- questions from the community including one for artists who received Honoraria Grants
- an update on new and exiting board members
- Covid-19 safety updates from the Burner Barn
- updates from the Learner Barn and how to submit program proposals
- an update from the Program Committee
- and a check-in with SOAK* Producers
- An “afterparty” Zoom room
To request copies of the closed captions and slide deck, please reach out to Portland@Burningman.Org.